Because it is hard enough to be struggling to feed your new baby, I strive to make getting help as easy as possible. All you have to do is call or click to schedule a visit. You don't even have to get out of bed!
This is what you can expect from our time together in your home:
- a weight check for your baby,
- an assessment of your baby's attachment ("latch") and positioning at the breast,
- an examination of your nipples and breasts,
- information about how to help damaged nipples heal,
- an examination of your baby's tongue, mouth, and lip anatomy,
- an evaluation of your baby's suck and ability to transfer milk,
- lactation and nursing education and support (What does "normal" look like? How much should your baby be nursing? How do you know if your baby is getting enough milk? How does your breast pump work?),
- the creation of a "feeding plan" that might include how to transition from bottles to breast, or how to increase your milk production and/or your baby's intake.
- referrals to other specialists as needed, and
- plenty of time for you to ask any questions you may have about lactation, nursing, or the broader experience of life with a new baby.